Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Question about the Character website

Dancin' with myself...

Q.  You spent a lot of time creating the Character website.  You added imagined photos and all kinds of stuff.  What was the impetus behind that?

A.  When I first created the Crazy World website, I had imagined having all the characters there too.  I wanted everything to be on one website but it was just impossible to do it that way.  The only way to do it was to create another website.

It really doesn't make that much difference as they are both fully cross-referenced (or soon will be) - a monumental task, but it's well worth it.  Now if you want to find something, it's pretty easy to do (there are more things coming to the Character website, I just haven't had time to do these things yet.)

Even if you don't use my websites, you can now use Google and it will direct you to my website(s.)  No one else has the information my sites have and I am pleased about that.  Many hundreds of hours have gone into the building of both.

As far as the "imagined photos" - I was wary of doing it and decided to go ahead.  I worried that it might be the wrong thing but I tell you, it helps me in remembering details, but I am picture-oriented,  That's the way I work.  Others may not be that way.

Louie Johnson, who was going to create a Vic and Sade website many years ago, recently praised my "imagined photos" and since he gives me a thumbs up, I feel I have done the right thing.

The hard work was worth it.  The characters and their stories will survive on the internet now as long as Blogger/Google live.  That was my objective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...