Monday, October 29, 2012

Questions raised in my own head after interview-listening

After listening to all of the interviews today (I guess now it would be "yesterday") I realized how ill-informed the interviewers were in the 1970's. This was a product of -I BELIEVE- there only being 12 known recordings at the time available. I felt sorry for them. But it made me think of questions I would ask Idelson, Flynn and Hartzell: Did Rhymer have a background in Freemasonry? Whatever happened to Mis' Fisher, the busybody so prominent in the very early episodes? Whatever happened to the Drummond family? How did Rush and Nicer get to be enemies? Why is David Whitehouse so forgotten? (None of the cast could remember his name in any interview and he was rarely spoken about.) Why did the continuity of the show change dramatically when Rush joined the Navy? (He did JOIN by the way.) Forget appearances and forget movements - was Rhymer a little like Groucho Marx in terms of his fearlessness? (I honestly believe he was.) These are just a few Q's I'd have. Well... back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...