Friday, May 31, 2013

My Donahue/Oakland Avenue mistake

There's a million reasons for me to go back through the episodes and listen to them.  On top of keeping tracking of a squillion insignificant doo-dads is the fact that some episodes have only been heard in order ONCE by me before I began the website.

Now I certainly have listened to each episode more than once but not always in order.

Therefore, despite the fact that Vic and Sade is not a serial and each episode is a "stand alone",  in fact, continuity does exist and if you are keeping track of such things, well you had better listen in order.

I say all of that to tell you that I made a mistake somewhere along the line.  I confused things on one episode with another and not only that, I simply made a mistake in what was said in the script.  And since I didn't check it at the time, it has snowballed and not only is one episode wrong but now there are at least two that I have that aren't correct.

I was under the impression that the Donahues had moved to a house on Oakland Avenue (when they moved and left coal in their house.)  But in episode 40-07-22 Mr. Donahue Asks for Demotion, we learn that the Donahue's had hoped have enough to build a house on Oakland Avenue.  Which leaves about a 99.99% probability that when they moved (and eventually moved back into their old house), they didn't move to Oakland Avenue!

So I made a mistake.  Sometimes my conjecture, sloppiness, speed, scope of work under my nose, planning, ideas and just being an overall half-wit will lead to mistakes.  I do plan on correcting each mistake I find.  I do want to be legit here.  I do want to preserve things as best as possible.  I do want to uphold the integrity of this fine series and the work done by all of those who have come before me.

I deplore making mistakes but they are inevitable in a project of this size and nature (imagine if I had all 3000+ shows to work with!)

And hopefully, this second straight run through the audio will eliminate all other problems that may exist.

The fouled-up episodes will be fixed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...