Thursday, March 28, 2013

A trip around Vic and Sade's world in color

Just when I think the well is running dry and not much else can be found, that's the time when stuff from Vic and Sade heaven falls into my lap.

Here's a few postcards I found that show off various places spoken about in Vic and Sade:

Miller Park:


The zoo and the lake.  No close-up of the picnic area (where people accidentally leave books that the Gooks find by random encounters.)  This is a very large picture, so click on it and enjoy.

The Junior High and High Schools:

Emerson (both top) was a Junior High school yet worthy of at least two post cards back in the day.  Rush attended this school.

The High School was attended by both Rush and Russell.  It looks rather small here and you wonder what the tower was for?  Of course, there may have been more than one high school in Bloomington.

The Chicago Alton Depot:


I'll bet it's much larger than you imagined; it certainly is for me.  Look real hard and you can see Uncle Fletcher goofing off there somewhere.

The Library:


If I recall correctly, the library was only mentioned once in the data we have.  In the episode 41-04-04 Dinner Invitation WithdrawnMr. Cameron was accused and arrested for stealing brass ornaments from (outside?) the library.  (Squint and see if you can see any missing.)

Are you noticing some unusual architecture in old Bloomington?  I sure am!

The Hospital:

Mentioned only a couple of times in our existing data, this hospital looks like a quiet, restful place.  (It's great for unusual head injuries - something that no one other than me ever seems to mention about the show.)

Downtown - not too far from where the Gooks live:
The only photo/postcard I found this morning that isn't in color, this represents the court House (I presume) in the center.  Notice the bell at it's apex.  Also noticeable on the upper far right is a building that looks suspiciously like the People's Bank.  You couldn't possibly throw your shoes over it, could you?

People's Bank:


If you have visited the Crazy World of Vic and Sade, you have surely seen this post card of the People's Bank building.

I hope you enjoyed the trip as much as I did putting it all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...