Monday, January 21, 2013

Tricky, dirty Paul Rhymer: Ernie Shatwell

I am always reluctant to bring up the 'dirty' aspect of Paul Rhymer but it wouldn't be much of a Vic and Sade Notebook if I didn't include everything I find.

I actually found this when I first blogged the episode (43-09-20 Fifty Photos of Vic) but I left it alone then.

In that episode, Rhymer created a character named Ernie Shatwell.

'Shat' (a slang word) can be found in the Urban Dictionary.

The word goes back to the 18 century, according to the Etymology Dictionary.

Ernie was mentioned as being from Union Grove.  Union Grove was also the place of what I have referred to as the "sexual picnic" (43-12-09 Winter Picnic Plans.)

So again, there's something about Union Grove, one would think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...