Wednesday, November 5, 2014

But before I go...

I believe I have solved a minor mystery.  It's a behind-the-scenes kind of thing, and not that important, in the scheme of things.

Though we have NO evidence, I have notes from the Friends of Vic and Sade that before Third Lieutenant Clinton Stanley, there was Second Lieutenant Bob Womble.

I've read more than 300 newspaper and magazine articles on the subject of Vic and Sade and can find no mention of "Bob Womble".  However, I have found a Bob Wamboldt, who was a studio engineer.  This HAS to be the guy in question. I've found him mentioned twice (at least), both in 1936, prior to Clinton Stanley joining the studio team. 

Second Lieutenant Bob Womble will become Second Lieutenant Bob Wamboldt, when I return.  And just in case, please fix this for me, 'Plan B'...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...