Wednesday, October 23, 2013

IMPORTANT: Rumors, Pleas and Thank Yous

Welcome to Autumn, 2013!

You may not know it, but I try and read every Vic and Sade related item I can find on the web, even if they are comments made in a forum.  I do extensive searches for Vic and Sade and find a small bit of activity revolves around the show weekly, even if it's in small bits.

I recently spent some money and bought every pay-per-view news article about the show that I thought was worth reading.  I shared what little info with you that I was able to grab from those articles.  Other articles gave up no new info.  I hope to one day share those articles with you.

I also have access to many fans of the show who I have found over the months.  Many of them have news about the show that they have picked up or know people who know people who know people...  I don't want to go into specifics about who exactly I know (because they may not want their names brought up) but needless to say, some people are right on top of the Vic and Sade world.

I've recently heard it on good authority that a book is being written about Vic and Sade.  I have a feeling it will be a legitimate book, not a book of scripts and not a book about the show that somehow leaves out Clarence Hartzell and David Whitehouse (like Bill Idelson's book.)  This book won't be an audio book (like the one I put out) but a real, legitimate book.  I have no timetable on the book or really, not much more information, but let's keep our fingers crossed.

I do plan on writing articles about each of the years the Gooks were on radio and examining how things changed during those years.

And since the amount of info on the family is about dried up (considering how much we have helped in squeezing about all the information from the internet into all of the websites we run) I ask you all, please, if you have any ideas, thoughts, impressions, drawings, scripts you have written, scripts we don't have or any other ounce of information about the show that we can share with everyone, please do not hesitate to email me and share this.  I will share it with the readers, who are all as anxious as I am to see any new thing about Vic and Sade.

The show is in danger of losing it's final steam, I'm afraid, as there's just so little left to be found.  But I do know that some of you out there have scripts that have yet to be published on the internet.  I am willing and able to purchase these scripts from you if you are willing to sell them.  Please contact me and we will talk about a price.  [PS. I have a deteriorating heart condition people, I am not going to live very long.  I went to the cardiologist today and he had very bad news for me.  This may be your last chance to help Vic and Sade and Paul Rhymer.  This may be your LAST chance to help get these things on the internet where they belong so everyone can enjoy them.]

All of your personal stories about the show are important.  People DO LOVE to read these and we have the perfect place to employ these here on the Vic and Sade Research Notebook.  Please think about writing something for the blog or sharing anything you may have, large or small, significant or insignificant.  I do not make any money or profit from this.  It's all done to further the show and the history of it.

I appreciate all written contributions, drawings, paintings and well... whatever!

Thank you.

Jimbo Mason
jim.at.the.library@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...