Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Color photos of old Bloomington

Current Amtrak station in Bloomington
Above is the current Amtrak station.  I'm not convinced this is the original train depot but I am pretty convinced that the original train depot sat right there.

This is the same area.  There are hills in the distance.

Above is the old freight depot (as far as I know, this wasn't ever mentioned in the audio portion of the show.)  It's now a print shop and I suspect it lies very near what was the C&A Shops and the Amtrak station.


A surviving grain elevator.  I have no idea what part of town this in in.


Above, a clothing store.  The sign looks pretty old; this makes me imagine it being a part of the stores that Sade shopped in while going downtown.  Could have this been Silvers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...