Friday, July 5, 2013

The Simpsons and Vic and Sade

I've mentioned it before (perhaps in a podcast or two) ... I think there is a whole lot of Vic and Sade in The Simpsons' tv cartoon.

First of all, there are a million characters.  There's no way to know them all, so they are fan cataloged - something that's also been done for Vic and Sade.  The Simpsons' characters are a bit oddball, as are Vic and Sade's characters.

As mentioned last week, Vic and Sade get zanier the farther from the family/work nucleus you go.  The same can be said about The Simpsons.

And today, as I was looking at a "map" of Springfield (the ambiguous town - perhaps in Illinois, that The Simpsons live in), I saw several places that looked "familiar" or at the very least, reminded me of places in Vic and Sade:

Museum of Sadness and Oppression

New Bedlam Home for the Emotionally Interesting
I realize that these aren't taken directly from Vic and Sade, but they are close enough to make you wonder if they were indeed inspired by Paul Rhymer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...