Friday, May 2, 2014

Still alive (and kicking!)

While making the new graphic for the front page of The Crazy World of Vic and Sade yesterday, I realized just how many Paul Rhymer innovations of speech still exist.

If you look up Lorem Ipsum, you will see a claim that it may have began in 1985. Another claim I found on the net was it actually began in 1959. 

However, if Paul Rhymer's GREEK JUNK isn't Lorem Ipsum, I dunno what what is.  And it least began as early as 1937, perhaps before.  And I don't care what anyone says, HE CREATED IT.

Bluetooth headsets are often referred to as "Bluetooth Johnsons" - as a matter of fact, I believe there is a brand of headsets called just that, "Bluetooth Johnson."  That's a Rhymer invention.

Wikipedia contends that "sh*t happens" is really a Rhymer creation (stuff happens).

I can think of no OTR show that can make a brag about having a hold on today's language.  What's odd about it, is that both Lorem Ipsum and Bluetooth Johnsons are technology "devices."  Vic and Sade is over 70 years old.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jimbo, any living relatives of Paul Rhymer to look for for permission? Any way we can get the half wit University Of Wisconsin to get the rest of the scripts out in print? I know I, and many others, would lay out our lame brain cash in a minute! Best always, Bill

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...