Saturday, April 26, 2014

Table of contents for Vic and Sade on the Radio (book)

Table of Contents

Preface 1
Introduction 3

Part I: The Media Context
Chapter One. Rhymer Is "Outstanding" 9
Chapter Two. The Birth of Vic and Sade 23
Chapter Three. "Something to be interested in": Daytime Radio 42
Chapter Four. The "ins and outs of modern life": Mass Culture and Its Critics 62

Part II: Social and Cultural Contexts
Chapter Five. Leisure: "It represents quite a problem" 73
Chapter Six. "Let’s go to the picture show": Movies 106
Chapter Seven. "Seated on the davenport reading": The Role of Reading 121
Chapter Eight. "Where’d you copy that from?": Education 141
Chapter Nine. "Doing exactly the same thing": The Individual and the Community 160
Conclusion: Saying Goodbye 183
Chapter Notes 191
Selected Bibliography 203
Index 207

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this! I know exactly what to get Grandma for Christmas, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to me, it's pretty much all "new" content. I never thought for a second it could be done, but I guess when you go to the WISC HIST SOC, it CAN be done! I ordered my copy the day I found out about it, so looking forward to it as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...