Sunday, February 9, 2014

Serve me some Bacon Sandwiches?

Every now and then, you change your mind or people sway you in a different direction.  Every now and then, you'll hear a Vic and Sade episode and you wonder, wow, how did I not see/hear/feel this the first/last time I sat down with this episode.

Bacon Sandwiches is such an episode.  Yes, I have always caught the dark, dark humor in this episode.  Yes, it may be in the top 2-3 most-bizarre Vic and Sade episodes (but probably not near as bizarre as this one).

I am writing to ask for your help.  Look, I know you guys aren't up to writing a piece about the series.  But how would you feel about ONE simple sentence about the episode Bacon Sandwiches?  Tell us how you feel about the episode.  Send me an email (easily found on The Crazy World of Vic and Sade) or leave a message here.  Send me a telegram... anything!

I'm looking forward to your contribution!

1 comment:

  1. The most bizarre (and hilarious) episode for me would have to be "Robert and Slobert Call Long-Distance," but "Bacon Sandwiches" is right up there! It is usually one of the first episodes I recommend to people new to the show because I think it is a pretty good example of Paul Rhymer's sense of humor and of how ahead-of-its-time the show could feel. I think the slow exposition of the bacon sandwich scheme (the payoff is delayed by countless interruptions by Sade) is what makes it especially horrific, plus the story being framed in this cozy Norman Rockwellian scene of a boy and his mom sitting on the front porch watching the neighbors go by. It's like a combination of a horror story and a joke. And if you're vegetarian or eat kosher, it's a really good way to get rid of a craving for bacon! Sorry, that was more than one sentence, but I love this episode.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...