Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thanksgiving/Three special friends

Where would The Crazy World of Vic and Sade be without Louie Johnson?

Louie came along out of nowhere.  One day, as I was winding down the site (having written over 300 posts and put down almost all of the hand-fixed audio episodes to the web) Louie sent me an email.  It turns out this email is one of the most important messages I've ever received.  A member of the Friends of Vic and Sade "fanclub," Louie was a Vic and Sade zealot from "way back." Eventually, Louie sent me many of Barbara Schwarz's notes.

Once upon a time, it was he who had planned to do a website but somehow got sidetracked and the site never materialized on his end.  Though he may not know it, The Crazy World of Vic and Sade belongs as much to him as it does to me.

I am so thankful for him!
___
Through Twitter, I met Keith Heltsley.  I found that Keith was a big OTR fan who ran the Retro Radio Podcast, and while perusing his stuff, I found out that he also enjoyed Vic and Sade.  The show was a big part of his grandparent's life and this is what got Keith interested in the show.

His zeal for the show has led to him graciously donating some of his time and efforts to writing pieces for the main site.  His ideas are always original and thought-provoking and he almost always has an instinct for something I have missed.  When he points these things out, I realize what an ally I have for the website, as Keith always graciously allows me to use any of his writings and ideas for the main website.  I am very thankful for Keith.

Keith may not know it, but the Crazy World of Vic and Sade belongs as much to him as it does to me.
___
Last, but certainly not least, Sarah Cole is a merry ole' soul that I also met on Twitter because she had a fancy for OTR.   I came to find out via tweeting that her mother had a love for Vic and Sade.  You can read that whole story here; it's facinating.

She writes beautifully and her knowledge of Vic and Sade is only usurped by her love for the show itself.  She even likes the 1945 and 1946 seasons; what a diehard!  Her contributions to the main website are ones I will cherish, just as I do those written by Keith.  And yes, I am very thankful for her.  And she may not realize it, but The Crazy World of Vic and Sade belongs as much to her as it does to me.

Friends are a wonderful thing - but few things are better than a friend who is also a friend of Vic and Sade.

Thank a friend today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...