Thursday, March 28, 2013

Jean Shepard's memories of Vic and Sade

Some people really have an affection for Jean Shepard.  He's the kind of guy I listen to more out of necessity than because I like him.

I do have internet friends who swear by him and of course, I dearly loved the film, A Christmas Story, which would hold a lot more charm if I hadn't seen it so many times, thanks to Ted Turner running it into the ground during the holidays.

Anyway, Shepard once claimed he didn't ever listen to Vic and Sade.  He claimed his mother was the fan and he was only there.  Being there though, the show somehow got into his brain.

Download this Shepard show from the mid-1960's, where he talks about Vic and Sade, Smelly Clark, Four-Fisted Frank Fuddleman and other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...