Sunday, November 4, 2012

Why are all the books about the show so innaccurate?

Forget the two script books and Bill Idelson's book about the show - why are all of the other books that mention the show so innaccurate?

The possible exception being John Dunning's OTR Encylopedia, of which I can only see bits and pieces of, online.  It does look to be mostly accurate.  Of course his source for show information was Barbara Schwarz.

But there are other books and the ones that I can see in Google Books and go through, all are filled with errors.

Some examples from one prominent book:

Raised on Radio: Ishigan Fishigan - and the Gooks lived near Peoria.  Seepage, Ohio (no Dismal.) 

That book does have something right though - Sade went to wash rags sales but never bought wash rags.  Though she had a huge collection of wash rags, I dare you to find an episode where she actually bought any.

Anyway, that's just one book.  Trust me when I tell you, they are all wrong (except what I have noted.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...