Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Finding sound-improved episode was pure luck

When I found the new version of Congress and the Supreme Court this morning, it was done by pure accident.

Here's what happened:

I was on a quest to find Vic and Sade advertising.  I had found four pieces and another was on the horizon, it was only a matter of tracking it down.  While tracking it down, I came across NBC Recollections at 30 - from 1956.

The advertisement from Vic and Sade I was seeking was on that page.  Perhaps NBC re-ran a Vic and Sade program in 1956 on NBC Reccollects.

Bingo, they did!

I went to OTRR to see if that episode existed.  It did!

I downloaded it.  Now, what episode is it?  I listened closely.  Ah, the Supreme Court episode - which is really not an episode of Vic and Sade at all.  It's from The Magic Key.

Still, it's Vic and Sade.

Often, it's looking for something else that leads you to a treasure.  This too can be said of Thomas Edison etc.

That's two sound improvements I've found and 8 others were given to me about a year ago plus 2 others that most of us did not know existed.

Now, just 3700 to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...